Tuesday, December 10, 2013

I Won't Chase You Now

My used-to-be-soul-mate…
I won’t chase you now,
You are free to run,
You are free to go
I will forget you as you wish
After I died thrice.

Forgive me for liking you that much
For missing you so,
For being pathetic.
For thinking of you
In ordinary days
And during Holidays
And yes,
Everyday to be exact…

You said you never wanted to see me hurt
Oh I guess, your eyes were closed when I cried..
How can you be deaf and blind to my plea
When you had already tamed me?

I never thought our friendship to be this fragile
I never thought you would just turn your back
And be that tired and unforgiving
Despite all my begging...

And now you just don't believe in words
And I don't know how can you believe 'sorry' and 'love'
If you seek for meaning all the time
If there should always be logic behind
If it has always to be smooth and easy, and understandable...

And I can never make you forgive yourself too
I can't even look at you again nor talk with you
Even in memory, I should not think about you
Though I don't know
If that will make me numb or strong...

In each minute I take heavy footsteps
In every tick of the clock with my teardrops
Along with my aching heartbeats
In this even longer days and darker nights 
I vow goodbye to you
I promise,
I won't chase you now
You are free to run
You are free to go...

In time,
I'll find my way
Back to my life
Back to my own soul...
My own forgotten soul...


7 comments:

  1. dapat wala naga sakitanay ang mga mag soulmates no. kay dapat kasangga na sila ya nga duha. basi after all indi man kamo soulmates. or basi gin imbento lang na sang tawo ang word na soulmates, for some possessive reasons. ambot. kis-a mas mayo pa wala label. it makes things more confusing than they already are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, perhaps that's only me after all, living in my fantasy world...

    ReplyDelete
  3. ay kami sa iya eh,gina pa antus nya ka lang paagi sa mga imo crying moments? kon kabalo lang sya kon ano ka d ka love love sa bacolod dasun amhon nya lang ka sina? Tanan gusto maka piling sg imo kaalam kag kagandahan. Goodluck na lang sa imo toto.wla ka kabalo kung ano ang nadula sa imo. tse!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nakaharaha man ko sa imo ate Bes ba.... Pang I told you so ang imo nga comment ay... Ihatag ta na lang ni sa Ginoo... Salamat gid...

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great work! I guess "Forever" really ends in Now, eh? ;) This poem tells me how you can relate to "Indifference". For me, indifference can be learned--forgetting to be human at times is an escape from pain. It is a good escape, however. We don't know if it 'shall make us strong' or what; but it must be done. Richelle, my version for this is "A Ghost Of A Memory". haha GREAT JOB!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Kenneth... Yes, forever really ends in now... And yes, the act of forgetting no matter how difficult is an act that must be done so that pain will not be our constant company... so that we can remain hopeful that sadness will not be forever...

    Lifting all of these to God...

    ReplyDelete

Followers