Wednesday, March 27, 2013

I Won't Chase You Now


And I won’t chase you now,
You are free to run,
You are free to go.

Forgive me for liking you that much
For missing you so
For being pathetic.

For thinking of you on ordinary days
And during Holidays
And yes, everyday to be exact…

You said you never wanted to see me hurt
Oh I guess, your eyes were closed when I cried
Or perhaps you don’t really know.

And if the word sorry on Holy Week
Would mean more than they used to be
Then I should say it to myself too.

In each minute
In every turn of the bus
In each beat of my heart
In every step I take
Tonight and forever…

To forgive myself for being a willing playmate to you
To forgive myself for being such an eager fool.

Time will show me how
I think...

So go, ahead, take a leap
I’m wishing you well as I say goodbye…
Be free. Be you.

And take your memories with you as well
So that I’ll be free too
And I’ll be me again
For I won't chase you now...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers